EXPLORING DOWNTOWN HIGHLANDS
Visitors to the Highlands, NC, area will be pleased with the laid back, friendly atmosphere of the town. The town itself has some wonderful attractions including antique shops, eateries and wonderful mountain scenery. Some of the most beautiful attractions in the area, the waterfalls, are accessible to visitors through local highways and easy mountain hikes. Pet-friendly, but luxurious, lodging at The Park on Main® offers guests an opportunity to bring their beloved furry family members along on the mountain vacation of a lifetime.
CHOWHOUNDS UNITE! DOG FRIENDLY DINING IN HIGHLANDS, NC
When you are looking for a place to stay for your next vacation near pet-friendly restaurants in Highlands NC, The Park on Main® is the place to go. Highlands has two pet-friendly restaurants: Bistro on Main and Wild Thyme Gourmet.
BISTRO ON MAIN
Finding pet-friendly restaurants in Highlands NC can be easy if you know where to look. Bistro On Main restaurant accommodates large groups, pet owners and host special events. The restaurant is just a minute away from The Park on Main® and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Bistro On Main serves American cuisine and has a full bar available.
Bistro On Main is actually one of the most popular restaurants in Highlands. The restaurant is typically open from May to October and provides a view that overlooks the entire city of Highlands. Many people have made Bistro On Main their go-to lunch spot, and the menu has a number of dishes for both children and adults.
WILD THYME CAFÉ
The Wild Thyme Café specializes in American cuisine, soup and vegetarian dishes. The space available for outdoor seating provides plenty of room for pets and patrons to move around easily. Many people love eating at Wild Thyme Café because of their friendly service and fresh dishes.
Wild Thyme Café is around the corner from The Park On Main®. The delicious food and the value offered are the most notable qualities visitors typically notice at this restaurant. The scenic views of the mountainside and creative dishes provided at the restaurant keep many pet owners coming back.
Even with several dogs, stop by one of these fine restaurants off Main Street. Both provide plenty of room outside to sit. Eating out on the restaurant patio with your pet may become one of your favorite activities in Highlands.
MORE RECOMMENDED RESTAURANTS
The Ugly Dog Public House
Lakeside Restaurant and Tavern
The Pizza Place
On the Veranda Restaurant
Bake My Day - Bakery and Café
Appalachian Harvest – Homemade Goodies
GREAT PLACES TO SHOP IN HIGHLANDS, NORTH CAROLINA
We at The Park on Main® present to you some great opportunities to shop. To start, exploring our neighborly streets – to stroll down Main Street – thrusts you back into time, to a quieter, more peaceful era. Highlands, North Carolina has the quaint touches of fictional Mayberry; the cool, rustic splendor of an old Northeastern town; and the delicate elegance of Southern hospitality on full display.
Here is a list from www.ncliving.com of places to shop, to browse or to explore for the simple sake of discovery the good things in life:
ANTIQUES AND FURNISHINGS
- Acorns offers an elegant shopping experience, featuring fine European and American antiques, one-of-a-kind home accessories and gifts.
- The Brier Patch sells fine antiques, decorative accessories, needlepoint and home furnishings, as well as a large selection of permanent flowers designed by William C. Wood.Chintz & Co.’s store is a quaint 100-year-old cottage filled with antiques and decorative accessories. Specializing in Chintz Chinaware from the 1940’s, Chintz & Co. also sells handmade quilts and Amish furniture.
- CK Swan features fine furnishings, silver, china, glass, lighting and other items for the home from the 1700’s to today. Harllee Gallery showcases original art and functional crafts by regional and national artists.
- The Dry Sink offers all kinds of merchandise, from kitchen cookware, gadgets and small appliances to candles, glassware, bath and body items and Hallmark cards.
- Dutchmans Designs features an inviting collection of cottage and rustic home furnishings, unique accessories and whimsical gifts in its two-story location on Main Street.
- Mirror Lake Antiques is a true antiques shop with estate jewelry, art and cut glass, fine porcelain, pottery and sterling silver pattern matching. The shop is open from Spring to Christmas; mail order is available year round.
- The Stone Lantern offers quality Asian porcelains, bronzes and furniture, as well as elegant jewelry from Hong Kong and Bangkok.
- Summer House is the place to shop for home furnishings for your mountain home, city home or beach cottage. With a wide variety of styles available and our local and long distance delivery service, we can deliver rustic and contemporary furnishings right to your door.
- The Hen House offers beautiful handmade pottery, as well as a wide variety of specialty condiments and kitchen accoutrements.
- Summit One Gallery represents more than 45 artists and craftsmen, primarily from the southeast, with an emphasis on traditional, rustic and urban art of the Carolinas and Georgia.
- The Toy Store is chock full of fun things for kids of all ages, including classic board and strategy games, toys by Brio, Lego and Playmobil, stuffed animals, magic tricks and pranks, dominos, puzzles, retro items for teens and more.
- Annawear offers an eclectic mixture of clothing, shoes and accessories, from affordable basics to the latest in designer jeans.
- Bear Mountain Outfitters has a large selection of outdoor adventure apparel, casual clothing, hiking boots and other footwear for the entire family.
- The Bungalow Boutique offers luxury resort apparel and accessories for the well-dressed woman.
- Cabin Casuals offers unique and comfortable casual and resort wear for the entire family, in a friendly, positive atmosphere. It is at 539 East Main Street.
- Highland Hiker has been outfitting hikers, fishermen, and travelers for more than 25 years, with a wide selection of gear, clothing and shoes for backpacking, fly fishing, camping, hiking and adventure travel.
- Highlands Kids features high quality, name brand children’s apparel, including Deux par Deux, Biscotti, Hartstrings, Haven Girl, Sarah Louise, Viva La Fete, Catimini, Gund, My Boy Sam, MIS-TEE-V-US, and Zutano.
- A mini department store, Highlands Emporium sells an extensive assortment of merchandise, including luggage and travelware, handbags and wallets, bedding, home decor, picnic gear and more.
- House of Wong sells fine silk clothing, kimonos and accessories with a Japanese flair.
- Jolies of St. Armands sells fine sportswear and accessories for men and women.
- McCulley’s Cashmere sells fine Scottish cashmere, jewelry and accessories for men and women.
- Mountainique Boutique sells unique ladies clothing, accessories, gifts, handbags, candles and potpourri, including items for those in the Red Hat Society.
- Nancy’s Fancys and The Exchange offers an expansive selection of upscale ladies lingerie and gentlemen’s clothing under one roof.
- Rosenthal’s features designer women’s apparel from the some of the world’s finest fashion houses. Collections include St. John, Ellen Tracy, Dana Buchman, Max Mara, Oscar de la Renta, Burberry, Escada and Ralph Lauren. Rosenthal’s also carries a large selection of furs. It is atTown Square, Main Street.
- TJ Bailey for Men sells designer men’s sportswear, perfect for the Highlands lifestyle.
- Vivace is a lively boutique featuring current trends in women’s clothing, jewelry, handbags, furs, hats, rainwear and more from a variety of edgy designers.
- Wit’s End offers classic ladies apparel, unique gifts, home decor and a children’s corner.
- Xtreme Threads has the newest looks in surf and casual wear at mall prices. Shop for apparel, sunglasses, sandals, jewelry and accessories from Quiksilver, Roxy, Oakley, Billabong and others.
- White Harvest Living offers high-quality American-made products for the home, clothing, jewelry, and more!
Shop Highlands, North Carolina during your stay at The Park on Main®. Come visit us or make reservations today.
Interested in your own mountain home? Visit Landmark Realty to learn more!