Covid-19 Message (Temporary Property Closure)
Attention, due to the Covid-19 situation and the Highlands, NC mayor’s proclamation, all hotels, including the Park on Main, are to be closed starting March 23, 2020. We are monitoring the situation closely and will keep everyone updated on our website and social channels should anything change. In the meantime, we have staff on property to answer calls if you have questions or concerns. You can reach us at 828-526-4502. We can’t wait to see you again soon!
As the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is a major concern of everyone, we wanted to share with you how we are managing the situation. The Park on Main Hotel has stepped up precautionary measures on preventing the spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). We have placed a situational action plan and training program in place that exceeds the recommendations of the CDC and the local health department. We are in constant contact with our vendors, our management company, and reviewing the CDC guidelines to ensure that we are following all precautions to make sure that the safety of our guests and staff is at the forefront of all actions and activities at The Park on Main. The Park on Main will do everything that we can to ensure that our guests have a safe and pleasant stay. The following has been implemented at The Park on Main Hotel:
The Park on Main Hotel – Updated Procedures and Policies
Registration/Concierge Desk and Lobby Procedures and Administration
- There will be a hand sanitizer at the Registration and Concierge Desk. There is an additional one by the fireplace in the lobby near the breakfast bar.
- We have replaced the traditional welcome greeting of a handshake throughout the hotel with a nod of the head as our acknowledgement and welcome.
- All of our front desk Butlers and support staff will visibly use hand sanitizer as soon as a new guest walks up to the front/concierge desk for check-in and check-out procedures.
- There is a supply of fresh sanitized new ink pens at the front desk in a properly labeled container and the guests will be asked to use one of the new ink pens to complete their registration card. After they have signed the registration card, there is another container where they will be asked to place the ink pen for proper sanitization before it is used again.
- We have moved the swipe part of our credit card machine to the front of the registration desk, so that the guest can swipe their credit card themselves. The credit card swipe will be sanitized after each guest use along with the entire front desk area.
- We have removed all magazines/books from the front desk and lobby area where it is not possible to properly disinfect after contact by any individual (guest or employee).
- We are performing twice daily sanitization of all lobby, elevator, common areas, and office spaces. This sanitization includes and is not limited to all horizontal spaces, telephones, seating areas, doors, desks, etc.
- When a guest checks out of their room, they will place their room key in a designated container at the front desk. These room keys will be properly sanitized prior to use by another guest.
- The public restrooms in the lobby area are being cleaned and sanitized several times during the day.
- All deliveries including guest deliveries are being left at the front desk. None of the staff will be signing for these deliveries, but asking the delivery service to sign the delivery record on our behalf. If the item is for a guest, it will be sanitized at the front desk and a staff member utilizing single use gloves will place the item in your room.
- We will not be accepting printed collateral and material from our vendors, but asking them to submit this information via email.
- All staff that handles food will use single use gloves on their hands without exception in addition to the required hand washing required by the local Health Department.
- Hand sanitizer is available by the breakfast bar for guest use.
- We have temporarily replaced our plates and utensils with single use items, so that they can be disposed of after use by each guest.
- After every guest completes their breakfast, all disposable use items will be thrown away and all horizontal services including the chairs will be sanitized.
- All staff that is assisting with breakfast will be using single use gloves at all times.
- We have temporarily replaced our standard continental breakfast with items that are individually packaged including beverages.
- Our coffee service will be available at all times with the use of K-Cups, individual packaged sweeteners, individual creamers and disposable coffee cups/lids. We ask that if you want a second cup of coffee that you use a clean disposable cup to assist us in maintaining our cleaning procedures.
- We will temporarily replace our traditional coffee mugs and glasses in the room with single use mugs and cups.
- We have removed all magazines and literature out of the rooms because we are not able to sanitize these items between guests.
- The wine glasses have been removed from the room, but are available by request at our front desk. When you receive requested wine glasses, they will be given to you by staff using single use gloves after they have been run through our sanitation dishwasher.
- The toilet paper in the bathroom is placed on the toilet paper holder with its’ wrapper still on the roll. If you need additional toilet paper, please ask for it at the front desk.
- Housekeeping is supplied with gloves and is taking extra care in each room and common area to sanitize any and all touch points, leaving nothing unaddressed.
- Out room attendants have single use gloves that they will be utilizing when they are cleaning your room prior to your arrival. A fresh set of gloves will be used for each guest suite/room.
- As always we are laundering all towels, sheets, blankets, duvets, mattress pads and robes utilizing before each guest checks into their room/suite. The chemicals that we are utilizing not only clean all of these items, but it sanitizes during the wash cycle with the aid of hot water.
- All paper products are being replaced in the room, so that each guest receives new items before their arrival.
- All touch surfaces in the rooms including the upholstery items in the room are being sanitized prior to your arrival
- Our standard stay over clean each day is being suspended temporally unless it is requested by the guest. We ask that the guest contact the front desk, so that a stay over service can be performed between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm.