The philosophers think about it reluctantly – when no one is looking. The theologians explore it zealously – because they have to. The deep thinkers on the human condition have plumbed the depths, the breath and the height of love for millennia – and have exhumed paltry explanations of this deep-seated emotion and expression of will.
Ah, but alas. What is love? In fact, what is Eros in particular, the lighter-fluid passion that has paved the way for the institution of marriage? The answer is simple: It’s that thing you have in your heart before you decide to schedule your wedding in Highlands, North Carolina. As a guest at The Park on Main®, the luxury, pet-friendly boutique hotel in the raging Southern Appalachian Mountains.
While we at The Park on Main® certainly enjoy exploring the deeper meaning of such profound ideas as love in all of its mutations and manifestations, we fully admit that we have avoided adding our two cents into the semantic mix.
After all, who needs to know what love is when you’re in love? And where else should you go for the finest, most beautiful and the loveliest wedding this side of eternity?
Wonderful Weddings in Highlands
The Highlands, North Carolina area offers visitors a number of great opportunities for weddings. And The Park on Main® offers guests the most luxurious surroundings in a charming small town nearly surrounded with the proud ripple of the Highlands Plateau, which is quickly becoming one of the most romantic places on earth for weddings.
The plateau is also increasingly becoming the most popular location in the South to hold your wedding, according to the Highlands Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Center.
Lovebirds can obtain their marriage licenses at the Macon County courthouse in nearby Franklin. The office is open 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, have photo identification and a social security card. Fee is $50.
Local officials available to marry couples include:
- Magistrate Erin Moorman: 828-371-1422
- Reverend Jacqueline Weilks: 828-508-1911
Churches available for hosting weddings include:
- Our Lady of the Mountains Roman Catholic Church: 828- 526-2418
- Community Bible Church: 828- 526-4685
- Episcopal Church of the Incarnation: 828- 526-2968
- First Baptist Church: 828-526-4153
- First Presbyterian Church: 828- 526-3175
- Lutheran Church: 828- 526-3175
- Highlands United Methodist Church: 828- 526-3376
Call Elizabeth Fletcher to help plan your wedding: 404-569-9104.
Rehearsal dinner venues include:
- Wolfgang’s Restaurant and Wine Bistro: 828-526-3807
- The Bascom, A Center for Visual Arts: 828-526-4949
- The Bistro at Main Street Inn: 828-526-2590
- The Ugly Dog Public House: 828-526-8364
Spectacular wedding venues include:
- Chapel at Sky Valley: 706-746-2999
- Highlands Inn: 828-526-9380
- High Hampton Inn and Country Club: 828-743-2411
- Inn at Half Mile Farm: 828-526-8170
- Old Edwards Inn 828-787-2610
- Sawyer Family Farmstead: 828-743-5456
- Sky Valley Country Club: 706-746-5302
- The Bascom – A Center for Visual Arts: 828-526-4949
- The Vineyard at 37 High Holly: 828-787-1907
- Wildcat Cliffs Country Club: 828-526-2165
So, why do you need to know what love means when you can experience the most magnificent wedding as you and your wedding party enjoy your stay at The Park on Main®?
Bring your wedding to Highlands, North Carolina, and abide at The Park on Main®. We’re in the business of building beautiful memories. The WeddingWire is an excellent resource for planning your wedding in Highlands
Did you find these tips helpful and useful? Are you looking for a weekend excursion or planning a wedding-friendly vacation in one of the nicest places in the United States? Come visit us or make reservations today.
Did you enjoy this post? Share it!
Categorized in: About the Areablog comments powered by Disqus