To fill or not to fill. Alas! Ain’t that the real question? Never mind Hamlet’s despondent soliloquy in William Shakespeare’s Hamlet. While the poor prince – thick with melodrama and self absorption – contemplates extinguishing his existence after considering life’s sundry injustices, we at The Park on Main®, the luxury hotel in Highlands, North Carolina, are contemplating our dining options amidst the backdrop of so many culinary injustices – like, where’s the hot sauce when I need it!? We’re talking about putting something yummy in our tummies, not satiating the tumultuous duality abiding within the inner essences of our human condition, dudes.
So, if you “be” at The Park on Main® – and if you’re “not to be,” by golly, you ought git yourself a moving real quick – we direct you to the finest food establishments this side of the Kingdom of Denmark (recall the Hamlet fella). Fine Dining in Highlands!
Finding Good Places to Eat is Easy at The Park on Main®
In less than Shakespearean English, you just gotsta eat, and you just be wanting some good vittles. Highlands, North Carolina is just the place for fine dining. In fact, even the 16th century English poet and playwright couldn’t have resisted a hungry stroll through this hamlet atop a plateau of the southern Appalachian Mountains. Let’s start at the top:
- Altitudes at Skyline Lodge: Gourmet cuisine and beautiful surroundings.
- Asia House: Asian, Thai, Hibachi Cuisine and Sushi.
- Bistro on Main: Outside dining overlooking Main Street.
- Bryson’s Food Store: Grocery, deli, produce and meats.
- Creative Pastries: Wedding and special occasion cakes.
- Cypress Restaurant: International cuisine.
- Kilwins of Highlands: Chocolates, gift bags, pralines, fudge and ice cream.
- Lakeside Restaurant: Fine dining with a view of Harris Lake.
- Madison’s Restaurant and Wine Garden: Fine dining and Old Edwards Wine Garden.
- Meritage: European cuisine serving lunch and dinner.
- Mountain Fresh Grocery: Wines, oils and vinegar, bakery, pizza, burgers, deli, grill and grocery.
- Mountaintop Wine Shoppe: Napa technology machines, wines, cheese and wine bar.
- On the Verandah: Fine dining with a view of Lake Sequoyah.
- Pizza Place of Highlands: Pizza, salad, grinders and sandwiches.
- Ristorante Paoletti: Rustic northern Italian small plates.
- Satulah Mountain Brewing Company: Local craft beer.
- Sports Page Sandwich Shoppe: Deli sandwiches, salads and breakfast classics.
- Subway: Subway subs.
- Sweetreats and Creekside: Homemade ice cream and casual dining.
- The Kitchen Carry Away: Carry away and catering.
- The Lost Hiker: Local sports bar, Karoake and drink specials.
- The Ugly Dog Public House Dog House: Bar, pub and casual food.
- Wild Thyme Gourmet: Fine dining Asian fusion.
- Wolfgang’s Restaurant and Wine Bistro: Fine dining, upscale eclectic food Bistro, small plates.
There you have it, yonder folks. Come hither and eateth to your heart’s delight. Fill that tummy with goodies. And enjoy your stay at The Park on Main® in Highlands, North Carolina. Did you find this information or did it stimulate your appetite? Are you planning to head this way soon? Come visit us or make reservations today. Let us know how we can be of service to you by following us on our social media channels.
Did you enjoy this post? Share it!
Categorized in: Area Attractionsblog comments powered by Disqus