During their intermittent spells of deep thinking, anatomists say we humans practice bipedalism. That’s the act of putting one leg in front of the other in quick succession. We common folk commonly refer to it as walking, but it is actually the repetitious act of catching yourself just in time before falling face first to the ground.
As a guest at The Park on Main®, the luxury boutique hotel in Highlands, North Carolina, we know you’re keenly interested in the act of walking, and it’s no wonder. Situated at 4,116 feet above sea level on a towering plateau atop the Southern Appalachian Mountains, our guests want to know what’s close to The Park on Main® that would allow them to employ their lower appendages to transport them in leisurely fashion to wonderful excursions.
Well, let us tell you that them legs – properly warmed up, oil changed and raring for action – have the shopping world at their doorsteps (or at least the high lands of Highlands).
Looking to shop, shop, shop? Well then. Let us venture forth from the luxurious confines of The Park on Main® to explore the many offerings available in Highlands:
ANTIQUES AND FURNISHINGS
- Acorns offers an elegant shopping experience, featuring fine European and American antiques, one-of-a-kind home accessories and gifts. It is at 465 Main Street. Call (828) 787-1877.
- Chintz & Co.’s store is a quaint 100-year-old cottage filled with antiques and decorative accessories. Specializing in Chintz Chinaware from the 1940’s, Chintz & Co. also sells handmade quilts and Amish furniture. It is at 228 South 3rd Street. Call (828) 526-4222.
- CK Swan features fine furnishings, silver, china, glass, lighting and other items for the home from the 1700’s to today. Harllee Gallery showcases original art and functional crafts by regional and national artists. It is at 233 North 4th Street. Call (828) 526-2083 or go to www.ckswan.com.
- The Dry Sink offers all kinds of merchandise, from kitchen cookware, gadgets and small appliances to candles, glassware, bath and body items and Hallmark cards. It is at 450 Main Street. Call (828) 526-5226.
- Dutchmans Designs features an inviting collection of cottage and rustic home furnishings, unique accessories and whimsical gifts in its two-story location on Main Street. It is at 342 Main Street. Call (828) 526-8864 or go to www.dutchmansdesigns.com
- Greenleaf Gallery specializes in custom framing, with over 17 years of experience; it also features original paintings, pottery, jewelry, home decor and unique gift items. It is at 211 S. Fourth Street. Call (828) 526-9333 or go to www.greenleafgallerygifts.com.
- Mirror Lake Antiques is a true antiques shop with estate jewelry, art and cut glass, fine porcelain, pottery and sterling silver pattern matching. The shop is open from Spring to Christmas; mail order is available year round. It is at 2150 S. Fourth Street. Call (828) 526-2080.
- Scudder’s Galleries has conducted nightly live auctions for an impressive array of inventory, including oriental rugs, antique furniture, fine art, estate jewelry, bronzes, crystal, collectibles and much more. It is at 352 Main Street. Call (828) 526-4111 or go to www.scuddersgallery.com.
- The Stone Lantern offers quality Asian porcelains, bronzes and furniture, as well as elegant jewelry from Hong Kong and Bangkok. It is at 395 Main Street. Call (828) 526-2769 or go to www.stonelantern-highlands.com.
- High Country Photo is a friendly one-stop shop for high quality film and digital photo processing, plus in-house creation of calendars, photo books and other personalized products. It is at 207 N. Fourth Street. Call (828) 526-5208 or go to www.hiphoto.com.
- Summit One Gallery represents more than 45 artists and craftsmen, primarily from the Southeast, with an emphasis on traditional, rustic and urban art of the Carolinas and Georgia. It is at The Galleries, South Second Street. Call (828) 526-2673.
- Annawear offers an eclectic mixture of clothing, shoes and accessories, from affordable basics to the latest in designer jeans. It is at 355 Main Street. Call (828) 526-4660.
- Bear Mountain Outfitters has a large selection of outdoor adventure apparel, casual clothing, hiking boots and other footwear for the entire family. It is at 302 Main Street. Call (828) 526-5784.
- The Bungalow Boutique offers luxury resort apparel and accessories for the well-dressed woman. It is at 357 Main Street. Call (828) 526-8555.
- Cabin Casuals offers unique and comfortable casual and resort wear for the entire family, in a friendly, positive atmosphere. It is at 539 East Main Street. Call (828) 526-3320 or go to www.cabincasualshighlands.com.
- Highland Hiker has been outfitting hikers, fishermen, and travelers for more than 25 years, with a wide selection of gear, clothing and shoes for backpacking, fly fishing, camping, hiking and adventure travel. It is at 547 Main Street. Call (828) 526-2511 or go to www.highlandhiker.com.
- Highlands Kids features high quality, name brand children’s apparel, including Deux par Deux, Biscotti, Hartstrings, Haven Girl, Sarah Louise, Viva La Fete, Catimini, Gund, My Boy Sam, MIS-TEE-V-US, and Zutano. It is at 374 Main Street. Call (828) 526-5799 or go to www.highlandskids.com.
- A mini department store, Highlands Emporium sells an extensive assortment of merchandise, including luggage and travelware, handbags and wallets, bedding, home decor, picnic gear and more. It is at 375 Main Street. Call (828) 526-1062 or go to www.highlandsemporium.com.
- House of Wong sells fine silk clothing, kimonos and accessories with a Japanese flair. It is at 399 Main Street. Call (828) 526-3865.
- Jackson Madeleine offers stylish, classic clothing and accessories for children, from newborn to 12 years of age, with a great selection of shoes, gowns and sporting attire. It is at 290 S. Fourth Street. Call (828) 526-1504.
- Jolies of St. Armands sells fine sportswear and accessories for men and women. It is at 446 Main Street. Call (828) 526-3963.
- McCulley’s Cashmere sells fine Scottish cashmere, jewelry and accessories for men and women. It is at 242 S. Fourth Street. Call (828) 526-4407.
- Mountainique Boutique sells unique ladies clothing, accessories, gifts, handbags, candles and potpourri, including items for those in the Red Hat Society. It is at 341 Main Street. Call (828) 526-5800.
- Nancy’s Fancys and The Exchange offer an expansive selection of upscale ladies lingerie and gentlemen’s clothing under one roof. It is at 322 Main Street. Call (828) 526-5029 or go to www.nancysfancys.net.
- Rosenthal’s features designer women’s apparel from the some of the world’s finest fashion houses. Collections include St. John, Ellen Tracy, Dana Buchman, Max Mara, Oscar de la Renta, Burberry, Escada and Ralph Lauren. Rosenthal’s also carries a large selection of furs. It is at Town Square, Main Street. Call (828) 526-2100 or go to www.rosenthalsboutique.com
- TJ Bailey for Men sells designer men’s sportswear, perfect for the Highlands lifestyle. It is at 341 Main Street. Call (828) 526-2262.
- Vivace is a lively boutique featuring current trends in women’s clothing, jewelry, handbags, furs, hats, rainwear and more from a variety of edgy designers. It is at 230 S. Fourth Street. Call (828) 526-1880.
- Wit’s End offers classic ladies apparel, unique gifts, home decor and a children’s corner. It is at 382 Main Street. Call (828) 526-3160.
- Xtreme Threads has the newest looks in surf and casual wear at mall prices. Shop for apparel, sunglasses, sandals, jewelry and accessories from Quiksilver, Roxy, Oakley, Billabong and others. It is at 338 Main Street. Call (828) 526-4777.
Did you find this information on nearby shops in Highlands, North Carolina helpful? Looking for things to do close to The Park on Main®? Are you planning to head this way? Come visit us or make reservations today. Let us know how we can be of service to you by following us on our social media channels.
Did you enjoy this post? Share it!blog comments powered by Disqus