The love between a dog and their owner is a treasured bond. We welcome dogs here at our luxury hotel with pet-friendly amenities. Our elegant and comfortable suites have amenities for your pet such as a designer Orvis ToughChew ® ComfortFill-Eco ™ Platform Dog Bed, dog towel and doggie mat.
Explore the Area
Take a morning walk in our private garden terrace and then enjoy many outdoor activities in the Appalachian Mountains. The Park on Main is the ideal environment for your dog. Our hotel partners with the Cashiers-Highlands Humane Society to foster pets and help them get adopted into families. We’re all a part of a community here and dogs are certainly no exception.
Learn more about our Pet-Friendly Policy.
Why Your Dog Will Love The Park on Main
- There is no additional fee for your pets – they are part of your family – so they stay free
- There is no weight limit for your pets
- You may have multiple pets in your room at one time
- Pets are welcome all over the property – including the lobby so they can make “doggie friends”
- Part of our décor is a designer dog bowl, Orvis ToughChew ® ComfortFill-Eco ™ Platform Dog Bed, dog towel and doggie mat.
- Each dog is given a special toy from Mr. Pickles at check-in
- We provide free all-natural treats at the front desk 24/7 for your four-legged family member
- We have crates available for use while staying at our dog-friendly hotel - available on a first come basis
- We sponsor special events throughout the year that is geared towards your pets – Mr. Pickles Howl-o-ween Costume Party
- We have a foster dog at the front desk that will greet your dog every time they pass through the lobby (Due to COVID-19 Protocols at the hotel, we currently do not have a foster dog at the hotel.)
Learn more about dog-friendly dining on our Downtown page.
Local Dog Parks
Mr. Pickles Dog Park
Mr. Pickles is very excited to let you know that he has created a very special park for you while you are staying at The Park on Main – Mr. Pickles Dog Park. Mr. Pickles Dog Park is located a block from the hotel at the intersection of Spring Street and 2nd Street.
The park is fully enclosed with a fence, so that my four-legged friends can run around while not on a leash. In the park, we have a Doggie Station and several chairs and benches. The park has lighting, so it is open 24/7 for your family pet to enjoy even at night. The majority of Mr. Pickles Dog Park is covered in grass, with the remaining area in small pebbles.
Highlands Dog Park
Your pet will be pleased to take a walk to the Highlands Dog Park at Foreman Road and Fourth Street. The park is fully fenced with separate areas for small, skittish or elderly dogs. The park base is made of mulch and the park has a covered area. Water is also available for thirsty pets. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Illustrious Mascot—Mr. Pickles
We would be remiss in letting you know, by the way, that when you do visit us, one Mr. Pickles is more than happy to provide you with a warm greeting at the door.
As an esteemed member of The Park on Main® staff, Mr. Pickles exemplifies the unique form of hospitality we offer our guests and often mingles with both pets and humans during special occasions.
Mr. Pickles is a handsome black Scottish Terrier and serves nobly – most of the time – as our illustrious mascot here at our luxury pet-friendly hotel.