Visit Our Pet-Friendly Downtown Highlands, NC Hotel
Explore the area while staying at our Downtown Highlands, NC hotel! Visitors to the Highlands, NC, area will be pleased with the laid back, friendly atmosphere of the town. The town itself has some wonderful attractions including antique shops, eateries and wonderful mountain scenery.
Some of the most beautiful attractions in the area, the waterfalls, are accessible to visitors through local highways and easy mountain hikes. Pet-friendly yet luxurious, lodging at The Park on Main® offers guests an opportunity to bring their beloved furry family members along on the mountain vacation of a lifetime.
Dog-Friendly Dining in Highlands, NC
When you are looking for a place to stay for your next vacation near pet-friendly restaurants, The Park on Main® is the place to go. Highlands has numerous pet-friendly restaurants, including Wolfgang’s Restaurant and Wine Bistro, Wild Thyme Gourmet and Lakeside Restaurant to name a few.
Even with several dogs, stop by one of these fine restaurants located within walking distance of our Downtown Highlands, NC hotel. They all provide plenty of room outside to sit. Eating out on the restaurant patio with your pet may become one of your favorite activities in Highlands.
More Recommended Restaurants
Great Places to Shop in Highlands, North Carolina
We at The Park on Main® present to you some great opportunities to shop while staying at our hotel in Downtown Highlands, NC. To start, exploring our neighborly streets – to stroll down Main Street – thrusts you back into time, to a quieter, more peaceful era. Highlands, North Carolina has the quaint touches of fictional Mayberry; the cool, rustic splendor of an old Northeastern town; and the delicate elegance of Southern hospitality on full display.
Antiques & Furnishings
- Acorns offers an elegant shopping experience, featuring fine European and American antiques, one-of-a-kind home accessories and gifts.
- The Brier Patch sells fine antiques, decorative accessories, needlepoint and home furnishings, as well as a large selection of permanent flowers designed by William C. Wood. Chintz & Co.’s store is a quaint 100-year-old cottage filled with antiques and decorative accessories. Specializing in Chintz Chinaware from the 1940’s, Chintz & Co. also sells handmade quilts and Amish furniture.
- CK Swan features fine furnishings, silver, china, glass, lighting and other items for the home from the 1700’s to today. Harllee Gallery showcases original art and functional crafts by regional and national artists.
- The Dry Sink offers all kinds of merchandise, from kitchen cookware, gadgets and small appliances to candles, glassware, bath and body items and Hallmark cards.
- Dutchmans Designs features an inviting collection of cottage and rustic home furnishings, unique accessories and whimsical gifts in its two-story location on Main Street.
- Mirror Lake Antiques is a true antiques shop with estate jewelry, art and cut glass, fine porcelain, pottery and sterling silver pattern matching. The shop is open from Spring to Christmas; mail order is available year-round.
- Summer House is the place to shop for home furnishings for your mountain home, city home or beach cottage. With a wide variety of styles available and our local and long-distance delivery service, we can deliver rustic and contemporary furnishings right to your door.
The Hen House offers beautiful handmade pottery, as well as a wide variety of specialty condiments and kitchen accoutrements.
The Toy Store is chock full of fun things for kids of all ages, including classic board and strategy games, toys by Brio, Lego and Playmobil, stuffed animals, magic tricks and pranks, dominos, puzzles, retro items for teens and more.
- Annawear offers an eclectic mixture of clothing, shoes and accessories, from affordable basics to the latest in designer jeans.
- Bear Mountain Outfitters has a large selection of outdoor adventure apparel, casual clothing, hiking boots and other footwear for the entire family.
- The Bungalow Boutique offers luxury resort apparel and accessories for the well-dressed woman.
- Cabin Casuals offers unique and comfortable casual and resort wear for the entire family, in a friendly, positive atmosphere. It is at 539 East Main Street.
- Highland Hiker has been outfitting hikers, fishermen, and travelers for more than 25 years, with a wide selection of gear, clothing and shoes for backpacking, fly fishing, camping, hiking and adventure travel.
- Highlands Kids features high quality, name brand children’s apparel, including Deux par Deux, Biscotti, Hartstrings, Haven Girl, Sarah Louise, Viva La Fete, Catimini, Gund, My Boy Sam, MIS-TEE-V-US, and Zutano.
- McCulley’s Cashmere sells fine Scottish cashmere, jewelry and accessories for men and women.
- Mountainique Boutique sells unique ladies clothing, accessories, gifts, handbags, candles and potpourri, including items for those in the Red Hat Society.
- Rosenthal’s features designer women’s apparel from the some of the world’s finest fashion houses. Collections include St. John, Ellen Tracy, Dana Buchman, Max Mara, Oscar de la Renta, Burberry, Escada and Ralph Lauren. Rosenthal’s also carries a large selection of furs. It is at Town Square, Main Street.
- TJ Bailey for Men sells designer men’s sportswear, perfect for the Highlands lifestyle.
- Vivace is a lively boutique featuring current trends in women’s clothing, jewelry, handbags, furs, hats, rainwear and more from a variety of edgy designers.
- Wit’s End offers classic ladies’ apparel, unique gifts, home decor and a children’s corner.
- Xtreme Threads has the newest looks in surf and casual wear at mall prices. Shop for apparel, sunglasses, sandals, jewelry and accessories from Quiksilver, Roxy, Oakley, Billabong and others.
- White Harvest Living offers high-quality American-made products for the home, clothing, jewelry, and more!
- Jannie Bean Jewelry specializes in fine designer and custom jewelry for the past 25 years and offers in-house certified appraisals and master repairs.
- Peak Experience is a gallery of fine handcrafted jewelry, antiques, accessories and kitchen amenities.
Interested in your own mountain home? Visit Landmark Realty to learn more!
There’s so many shops, activities, and restaurants to discover when you stay at our Downtown Highlands, NC hotel. Book your stay today!