COVID-19 Update - The Park on Main
Over the past year and a half, the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak has been and will continue to be a major concern for everyone. We wanted to share an update with you on how we are managing the situation here at The Park on Main Hotel. We have stepped up precautionary measures on preventing the spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). The safety of our guests and staff is of the utmost concern of the management team/owners at The Park on Main.
State of North Carolina and Town of Highlands Regulations
Currently, The Governor of North Carolina and Town of Highlands do not have any regulations/mandates that would have an impact on guests or residents to Highlands.
Park on Main Hotel – Updated Procedures and Policies
Registration/Concierge Desk and Lobby Procedures and Administration
- At the Registration Desk, we will be opening only 1 check-in station and it will be shielded by plexi-glass.
- There will be a hand sanitizer at the Registration /Concierge Desk. There is an additional one by the fireplace in the lobby near the breakfast bar.
- We have implemented no-touch check-in. All guests will not be signing a registration card and/or credit card folio. Guests will be asked to show their picture ID and credit card to the front desk Butler for proper verification.
- When a guest checks out of their room, they will place their room key in a designated container at the front desk. These room keys will be properly sanitized prior to use by another guest.
- The kitchen area is for employees only due to sanitization regulations. If you need something out of the kitchen, please ask a staff member and it will be provided for you. The staff will utilize the disposable glove method.
- All staff that handles food will use single use gloves on their hands without exception in addition to the required hand washing required by the local Health Department.
- We have temporarily replaced our plates and utensils with single use items
- We have temporarily replaced our standard continental breakfast with items that are individually packaged including beverages.
- Our coffee service will be always available with the use of K-Cups, individual packaged sweeteners, individual creamers and disposable coffee cups/lids. We ask that if you want a second cup of coffee that you use a clean disposable cup to assist us in maintaining our cleaning procedures.
- After each room has been occupied, an Ozone machine is being placed in the room. Ozone has been proven to kill bacteria and viruses (including Corona)
- After the Ozone machine has been placed in the room, we are utilizing a hospital grade disinfectant sprayed on all surfaces in the guest room – this is allowed to dry and not be wiped off (creating a 2nd layer of protection)
- The toilet paper in the bathroom is placed on the toilet paper holder with the wrapper still on the roll.
- We will be collecting trash throughout the day. Please place any trash outside of your room in the trash bag provided and notify the front desk, so that it can be removed in a prompt manner.
- Housekeeping is taking extra care in each room and common area to sanitize all touch points, leaving nothing unaddressed. We are using a 3-step process to clean each room where 2 of the steps include hospital grade sanitization chemicals.
- Out room attendants have single use gloves that they will be utilizing when they are cleaning your room prior to your arrival. A fresh set of gloves will be used for each guest suite/room.
- As always, we are laundering all towels, sheets, blankets, duvets, mattress pads and robes before each guest checks into their room/suite. The chemicals that we are utilizing not only clean all these items, but it sanitizes the linen during the wash cycle with the aid of hot water and a specialty chemical.
- All touch surfaces in the rooms including the upholstery items in the room are being sanitized prior to your arrival.
- Our standard stay-over clean each day has been temporarily suspended for the safety of our guests and staff. If you need clean linens, please place the dirty ones in the black bag provided outside of your door. Clean towels will be delivered to your door in a sealed bag for your protection. If you need additional amenities, please contact the front desk.
We look forward to seeing you during your visit. If you have any further questions and/or comments, please reach out to any employee. Enjoy your stay!